Distinguish different types of content items
- In Kentico we have forms, custom tables and three types of page types.
- In Kentico clouds we have one type of content items
While I get the beauty of simplicity, I have the feeling that we use the same tool for different purposes while I can't differentiate it for the user.
As discussed here I am using content types for:
- Content that will generate pages
- Content that will only represent smaller items on a page, such as testimonials that can be included widget like in all kind of pages
- UI strings
- And even something that I would have stored in a custom table: A list of supported industries
However, for the user all these types look the same and there is no way to have a view on the content that takes into consideration these differences.
It would be nice if I would able to somehow classify my content items...