Type API and guideline elements

Currently the type API returns guidelines as modular content elements. This causes code generators to create erratic fields. Is there an intention to expand on this to make it useful? Otherwise I'm unsure if it makes sense to return these from the API.

Comments

• petrs@kentico.com[email protected] Eindhoven, NLMember, Administrator, Kentico Staff admin

Hey @aweigold, this should not be happening. We're unable to reproduce it. Could you please share the project ID with us? (Or the the request URL?) Thanks

• adamadam Member ✭✭

Here is a query:
    curl --request GET --url 'https://deliver.kenticocloud.com/0542d611-b6d8-4320-a4f4-35ac5cbf43a6/types/article' --header 'content-type: application/json'

It returns the following element:
    "n53f20c3f_0fef_9d14_91ad_1c96a5ea2fb3": {
    "type": "modular_content",
    "name": "53f20c3f-0fef-9d14-91ad-1c96a5ea2fb3"
    },

The codename matches the codename on the guidelines element inside the content model that I'm looking at through the app.kenticocloud.com.

• petrs@kentico.com[email protected] Eindhoven, NLMember, Administrator, Kentico Staff admin

right, it's a bug. the guys are working on it as we speak. i'll let you know once it's fixed.

hi @aweigold , it's fixed now.

• adamadam Member ✭✭

confirmed this is working as expected now. Thanks!