Is it possible to clone a project?

sam@devotion.com.ausam@devotion.com.au Member
edited November 2017 in Product Wishlist

I find myself creating the same content models every time I start a new project. Is there a way to create a new project by cloning an existing one?

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks for the response.

I'd love to also see the ability to create a content model by importing a json file

• JanL@kentico.comJanL@kentico.com Czech RepublicMember, Administrator, Kentico Staff admin

Hi Sam, I've added your note to our backlog. Just to be sure, would you like to have a GUI for pasting in our JSON data? Or, would you like to push the JSON to KC via API?

Also, would you like to have one piece of JSON data for the whole project definition? Or, would you like to have separate JSONs for parts of the definition (e.g. for content types, for snippets, for taxonomies, sitemap)?

Thanks.

• I'd be happy with any way to achieve this.

If it were an API then I'd have to throw something together so our non-developers could do it, so my preference would probably be GUI.

In order of preference for my specific usage, I'd go with:

• Export/import an entire project .
    • Export/import a single item.
    • Export/import all of a certain type (content models, taxonomies etc).

I'd love to see all of that made available at some point but the biggest time-saver for my workflow would definitely be the entire project.

I'm predominantly using cloud for building websites with Vue.js and currently in the process of coming up with a set of vue components that map to content types in cloud. The plan is to get a solid set of base code together so we can roll out these sites quickly.

• MJMJ Member

This is crucial feature.